Sunday, May 11, 2014

Adieu

Fare thee well,  my sweet; I will forever, miss you,
out among the golden rays of the sun,
which to whom, could not come pair,
to the very shade of your curling yellow hairs.

I swore, my love,
you were right here,
not just a moment ago.
Now a memory is all which remains.

I bid you a fond adieu, my darling.
For our time has come and gone.
Another life, just maybe;
then, I will get to hold your hand anew.


Gouge my love to a fine vermillion
Sink these eyes in an exquisite loss
You ruined me for anyone else
And left just as soon as you'd arrived

—The moon curled up like a foetus
The bitter gales sail on these nights
I can't quite drink away
Just close my eyes and pray for the light of day

In these hours I can't think
Of anything else
And I'd give everything I own
Just so I could forget

Don't you get it?
I never wanted anyone but you
But you never even tried to
Be anything like I was for you
And I blame myself for it all
Just like always when it was always all your fault

I can only say this so many times
So I'll say it once more so you hear me
I hope that one day you find someone
Who makes you feel even half of what I wanted of you for me
And I hope that man breaks you up in his hands
To then watch you fall through his fingers like sand

http://hellopoetry.com/poem/616043/adieu/ 




No comments: